Thanks so much to Brittany from The Simply Travel Blog for nominating me for the Sisterhood of the World Blogger Award! Your blog is lovely and I am thrilled to be one of your choices. 😀
From Brittany’s post: “The Sisterhood of the World Blogger Award is an award that celebrates female bloggers. After being nominated by a fellow blogger, you must thank the person who nominated you and provide a link to their blog, and answer a series of ten questions that the person who nominated you has created. Then you create ten new questions for your nominees to answer and make a list of at least ten nominees (blogs that you enjoy reading).”
Q & A:
1) Have you ever been somewhere that ended up being a disappointment compared to your expectations? Where was it?
For me, it was Paris. Don’t get me wrong though, it was beautiful, but it’s a little sad and boring if you are travelling alone. It’s the “City of Love” so most things are catered to couples. I am also not a huge fan of art, etc. so that probably didn’t help. The architecture and the food is phenomenal though.
2) When and where was your first travel experience abroad?
I am from Canada so my first trip to another country was to the States. I was three years old and we went to Sesame Place. I got to meet Big Bird! Although, I don’t really count the US as “abroad” because it is basically just Canada, but not as nice. (Kidding…)
My first time outside of North America was in 2013 when I bought a one way ticket to London, England. I got a working holiday visa and stayed there for a year. It was a blast!
3) What has been the scariest experience you have encountered while traveling?
Thankfully, I have been very lucky and haven’t had many scary experiences. I think the scariest would have been not being able to find the MegaBus bus stop in Germany. I was in, what felt like, the suburbs of Cologne and had no idea where the bus stop was and my bus was leaving soon. I went into this mall and after same odd looks, I finally found some one who spoke English. They had no idea where it was.
I wandered up and down the barren street and finally saw this man who looked “official”. He was the bus ticket man. Yes!
4) Where are you planning on traveling to next and why?
No idea! I can’t choose. Probably Chicago, back to London, or India. Budget is a huge factor at the moment.
5) What has been your favourite type of accommodation to stay in while traveling (ie. hostels, homestays, Airbnb, etc.) and why?
I love to stay in hostels. You get to meet so many interesting people and form lasting friendships.
6) What are your top five favourite books/novels?
In no particular order:
1) Still Alice – Lisa Genova
2) Where the Red Fern Grows – Wilson Rawls
3) The Great Gatsby – F. Scott Fitzgerald
4) Waste – Tristram Stuart
5) The da Vinci Code – Dan Brown
7) Are there any countries or cities that you have no desire to visit?
I would love to go to any country, but I suppose beach destinations don’t really appeal to me (i.e. Cuba, Dominican, etc). However, I would love to explore their cities and rural areas!
8) Who or what inspired you to start blogging?
9) How do you fund your travels?
Savings, birthday/Christmas gifts, etc.
10) What are some of your favourite things to do/hobbies when you have downtime?
Watch documentaries/TV, explore, eat new foods and try new recipes.
I am going to stray away from solely travel-focused bloggers. I hope there aren’t any rules against that. And my nominations are… *drum roll*
Victoria from Florals and Teacups
Chloe from The Paper Airplane
Deni from The Full-Time Tourist
Stacey from Duffelbag Spouse
Rachel from The Illustrated Teacup
Rosalyn from Rosalyn Gambhir
Olivia Jade from Dungarees and Donuts
Melissa from For the Love of the City
Brooke from Silver Lining
Justine from How to Uproot Your Family
1) What has your best travel-related experience been?
2) If you could jump on a plane right now with anyone, where would you go and who would you take?
3) If you could be any celebrity for a week, who would you be and why? What would you do?
4) Why did you start blogging?
5) Why do you continue to blog?
6) What is your favourite topic to blog about?
7) Who is your “blogger role model”?
8) Which blog post are you most proud of? Link it! I want to read it 🙂
9) What are a few of your favourite things to do outside of blogging?
10) Where do you see yourself in 10 years?